Completely waterproof and able to operate in harsh environments, the 710A series single-station battery operated controller is used for above-ground or below-grade installation on a wide range of brand name valves. Powered by two AA alkaline batteries that can last up to three years, the controller offers programming flexibility for convenient and easy operation. It includes seven buttons with a large, easy-to-read LCD screen and icon-based programming with five start times per day in weekly or cyclical mode. Additional features include monthly budget, rain delay of up to 99 days with automatic restart, 20 preset smart programs utilizing historical ET, and monthly and daily programming restriction options to comply with city and municipal codes.
- Powered by two AA alkaline batteries with a 60 second safe period when replacing batteries that prevents the settings from being lost
- Watering flexibility with a selection of watering frequencies including weekly, odd, even, and cyclical with five start times per day
- Seven buttons with an integrated high-resolution screen
- Simple, icon-based intuitive programming and EasyFlow™ navigation
- Simple Smart™ historical ET feature for spray heads and drip irrigation automatically adjusts irrigation schedules monthly
- Low battery indicator
- On activation, the controller displays if irrigation is set to water for the day and if any of the additional programming features are active
- Daily and monthly programming restriction options to comply with city and municipal watering restrictions
- After 15 minutes the controller screen turns off automatically to conserve energy
- Semi-automatic and manual operation with timed countdown to off
- Program On/Off button allows the user to turn off the controller and reactivate it as desired
- Retractable coiled cord
- Brackets for solenoid and wall mounting options are included
- Utilizes RoHS compliant components
- Reset option allows erasing of all programs to default settings except time, day and date
- Non-volatile memory holds programs indefinitely without batteries except date and time
- Completely waterproof (IP68)
- Rain sensor connection included
- Can be mounted on a range of actuators and solenoid valves
- Captured solenoid plunger and spring for easy maintenance
- Easily retrofits to most manufacturers’ valves with one of our seven adapters
- Three-year warranty
- Type: DC latch
- Operating pressure: 10 to 150 PSI, (.7 to 10.5 bar)
- Body: IP68
- Power source: two AA alkaline batteries (not included)
- Power input: constant 11 volt
- Program mode: Seven keypad buttons with integrated liquid crystal display
- Temperature range: 38°F to +130°F (3°C to +54°C)
- Latching Solenoid: 7-12 VDC, two way, normally closed
- Solenoid control orifice: .065 (1.65 mm)
- Encapsulated solenoid thread: 11/16"-12 UN male thread
- Retractable wire: 8.1" (coiled length when extended, approximately 36")
- Completely waterproof (IP68 certified) - can operate in harsh environments
- Sensor connection: normally closed 6"(15 cm) yellow wire ( 16 AWG)
- Adapters included to convert Rain Bird, Hunter and Toro valves (model 710A-000)
- Mounting options: solenoid or valve box mounting
- Valve type: 3/4" to 2" globe inline valves (NPT or BSP) or 3/4" and 1" actuators and anti-siphon valve (NPT)
- Housing: high-impact plastic
- Solenoid housing: glass reinforced nylon
- Plunger & spacer: 430F stainless steel
- Plunger rubber cap: EPDM
- O-ring: Buna-N
- Custom programming schedules with a weekly calendar, odd days, even days, intervals from one to thirty (1-30) days or 1 to 12 hours utilizing a yearly calendar with leap year
- Five start times per day in normal programming and one start time per day in intervals of 1 to 12 hours
- Durations up to 5 hours and 59 minutes in 1-minute increments
- Twenty preset historical ET programs available for 10 climate zones, with 10 for drip irrigation and 10 for spray heads, to use with any irrigation setup and including the option to review the new calculated duration
- Monthly seasonal adjustment through the seasons with option to reduce the program duration setting to 0 or to increase it up to 200% in 5% increments without modifying the controller's program duration; also can be used to fine-tune the preset ET program for each month
- Irrigation suspension for up to 99 days with auto-restart; resumes irrigation automatically
- Program Off button allows the user to turn off the controller and reactivate it as desired
- Manual On/Off button with semi-automatic feature utilizing the program run time and shows the time left to run with quick override
- Daily and monthly programming restriction feature allows controller to bypass irrigation schedules. Can be used to comply with city and municipal watering restrictions
Our Up Front Shipping Costs
Orders $130.00 and over – Free Shipping!**
*Note - Some products require freight shipping. For these shipments a phone number is required so the carrier can arrange appointment with the customer. Customer is required to be present for unloading delivery and is responsible for noting any damage on bill of lading. Freight shipments are curbside- this is a standard freight practice with all carriers. Customers will be required to unload their package or request a lift gate for $99. The freight carriers will not bring your package to the front door like traditional UPS or FedEx delivery. Please mark all damage immediately or any suspected damage on the Bill of Lading. We cannot accept any returns or make a claim without a note on the Bill of Lading. The customer must be present for all freight deliveries.
**Note - your order may be shipped UPS, FedEx, USPS. It depends on the item, warehouse, and shipping location.
***Note - Damaged shipments can happen. We pack our products to the best standards. Please take pictures of damaged packaging, items, and email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of receiving your package. You can also refuse delivery and we will get the package back and send you a new one. Please let us know if you refuse delivery.
See return details and our return policy here
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
Submit a Return Request:
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. Items that have been installed are not eligible for return. It must also be in the original packaging with instructions and all applicable items/accessories. We also have a restocking fee on items that ranges from 10-40%. The restocking fee includes all shipping charges that are non-refundable. Any return that receives a return label must have the item shipped within 10 days of receiving the label. We will not accept returns that go beyond the 10 day window.
Items returned as defective and found to be in working condition will incur applicable fees.
We recommend documenting the condition that you shipped the item in and email it to email@example.com after you have submitted your Return Request.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.
Customer is responsible for noting any damage on product or package when receiving packages, pallets, crates, freight items and small packages in a timely manner of 1 business day. Pictures are required for warranty issues and return. Eastern Irrigation is not responsible for product damaged upon customer opening or removing items from packaging. Eastern Irrigation has the right to refuse returns for damaged items received.
Freight shipments: All damage is required to be marked on Bill of Lading. Be responsible, inspect the delivery and make sure nothing is missing, pieces damaged, parts dented or scratched. If damage is not noted when signing and receiving, Eastern Irrigation is unable to make a claim with the shipper on your behalf.
Additional non-returnable items:
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase, or your order receipt.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer unless directly instructed to.
Please do not ship your order back to us without notifying us and receiving an RMA.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable), including items that require a restocking fee.
Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error.
Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
We reserve the right to refuse to refund shipping charges at our discretion.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account or credit card statement again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com and send your item to: 4701 Shore Drive suite 103 #183 Virginia Beach Virginia US 23455. If special conditions apply, contact us before sending your product.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he will find out about your return.
To return your product after you receive an RMA, please attach the label to the shipping box and drop off with the carrier.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping may be deducted from your refund. Remember restocking fees apply on most items. You are responsible for packing your order to prevent damage, always return unit in packaging in which it was originally shipped. We do not accept damaged packages. Our large items often come in custom boxes, this is for the protection of the item.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service and/or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Most orders ship within 24 hours of order placement M - F. Excluding Holidays.
For order inquiries, product, install and shipping questions: Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org